Mind Lab Post Grad: Week 21: Deciding on my research question


Do collaborative tasks increase student engagement and agency in a primary school setting?

From using the break-down question template adapted from Riel (2004), I have developed the following questions that I could use in my literature review.

Inquiry question(s) working template
Turning your inquiry topic(s) into an break-down inquiry question
Your Inquiry Topics
Break-down Template
Your  break-down inquiry question
Student engagement and agency with collaborative tasks for boys
If I/we …(describe the plan action),
If I use collaboration tasks
To what extent/ how will it affect…..(the reaction you plan to measure/evaluate)
How will it affect student agency and engagement
in…. (in which group of people).
In my year 5 and 6 students/boys?

Turning a break-down inquiry question to an initial teacher inquiry question
Your  break-down inquiry question
Initial teacher inquiry question template
Your teacher inquiry question
If I use collaboration tasks
How ….(described the plan action)
How does using collaborative tasks
How will it affect student agency and engagement
affect …..(the reaction you plan to measure/evaluate)
Affect student agency and engagement
In my year 5 and 6 students?
in...(in which group of people)
In my year 5 & 6 students/boys

Turning the initial teacher inquiry question into an initial literature review question


Your initial Teacher Inquiry question
Your initial literature review question
How does using collaborative tasks affect student agency and engagement in my year five and six students/boys?
How does using collaborative tasks affect student agency and engagement in learners?
OR
What factors of collaboration task impact student agency and engagement?
OR
How will collaborative tasks impact student agency and engagement?

Perhaps I will need to split student agency and engagement into two separate questions.

Reference List
Riel, M. (2014, Feb 18).T6-Beginning the first cycle of action research.[video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwWPwyv60E4

Comments

  1. I have been working with my question and it has become..

    How does using digital collaboration tasks impact student agency and engagement in primary aged students?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mind Lab Post Grad: Week 17 - My Reflective Practice

Mind Lab Post Grad: Week 18 - Reflecting on changes in my future oriented teaching practice

Mind Lab Post Grad: Week 29: Using social online networks in teaching or professional development